Thursday, January 12, 2012

Horse slaughter.

If you do not like the topic of horse slaughter, you may want to leave this post.

I will never sell my horses to the killers, just because they’re old. They depend on me for their lives and when they are no longer able to live a comfy life with me or that I am unable to care for them, I will euthenize them. But they will never see the inside of a slaughterhouse, not while I live. They all deserve a better end, the poke of a needle and the loving words from their vet and owner and the next thing they know, they’re in horse heaven with the rest of the horses running free like the wind.

Those killers who buy horses to slaughter might want to put them out to pasture for about five years or bypass them entirely as the meds and worming meds we give to them while they live in our care are not for horses meant for food. It says so right on the box itself, this worm paste is not meant for horses bound for slaughter.

I wonder if the killers even know that with the healthy horses they buy that they’ve all been wormed and they’re handing worm medicated horses to the slaughter houses and the meat to the French or Italians that is not meant for their mouths. I may have to e-mail my vet and ask him some questions about this and see what I can glean from his mind.

And sadly, they do not even know! If I was the auctioneer, I would state it out loud to the audience that all of the horses here on the auction block have been wormed by their previous owners and these horses are not meant to be food for humans and then proceed with the auction of the horses. I doubt that the killers will buy the horses knowing that the horses have been wormed and are no longer for slaughter but someone else who wants them as a horse to ride or just a pet.

The muse has awakened and this might be a possible story for me. Will need to do some serious ass research dealing with auction houses and auctioneers for this story but I think it will be a very interesting story to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment