Saturday, June 27, 2015

BreyerFest Memories from 2001.

This was in July of 2001, the last year that I went to BreyerFest, it is the annual gathering of Breyer Model Horse fans each year at the last weekend of July in Lexington, KY at the Kentucky Horse Park personally. I had already gone through the store to get my special runs for that year. I got what I wanted and didn't really need my other two tickets. While I was standing in line waiting to pick up the celebration models, I was chatting with couple girls who were trying to figure out the time on their watch as they had just arrived at the park.

I said hang on I'll get the time, and flipped open my phone and called my dad who was parked nearby and asked him the time. I gave the time to the girls and one of the girls cried out we missed the ticket line for the 10:30 to 11:00am! The time was 11:10am.

I was sorry for the girls as they only had one tent ticket and they missed their chance. I had two tickets for other times that day. I pulled them both out and said here use mine. They looked at me shocked that I was going to give them my tickets and they said so too. I told them I already got what I wanted from the tent and these were just going to waste. They were so excited that they hugged me both. I don't know who they are or what they got from the tent but I was very glad that I was able to make their BreyerFest that much more memorable by my gift of my last two tent tickets.

And that is one of my BreyerFest memories that truly stand out beyond my first one with my late brother David in 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment